Tuesday, June 17, 2014

This & T-HAT


Do for others.  Period.  You have heard it from me in prior posts and at least once a year I ask you to provide loving hands creations for those who need a bit of extra love.

Well, as it happens the opportunity to do a little extra came my way.  The President of ESSS knitting guild mentioned that her daughter ( a labor & delivery nurse) sometimes has need for blankets and caps for extreme preemie babies.  I decided that I could use the Cherub DK from the stash to knit a few wee small blankets.

I knew that I had two balls of light pink and a skein of pure white.    The request to knit for these extremely premature little souls was "about fifteen inches."  Surely that one skein of white would make a square - would it not?

There wasn't quite as much yarn as I thought. 

Thoughts of waiting until my LYS reopened the next morning were of no comfort.  It would not work if that last little corner became pink.  Since I did not have any blue, I was hoping that the solid white would suffice for a little boy.

There is no way for me to know for certain, but I suspect that I am not the first knitter or crocheter to ransack the stash in the middle of the night looking for just a little bit more.

TaDa!  Success.    I'm happy to finish the first blanket and the remainder of this white is becoming a center square that will be surrounded by pink. 





And that's why I have a stash.  So I can help out a friend's daughter without waiting for the store to open.


Oh, and I made another chemo cap for these kind folks.



No comments:

Post a Comment