Friday, March 14, 2014

Said It Before, Say It Again

If you read the last post about my Destin summer top, you know that the plan was to wet wash that cotton/llama rather than just steam it into a state of relaxation.  Many of you have never wet washed and depend wholly on steam to open lace and make pointy shawls.  And some of you have never blocked by any method at all.

All I have to say about the two other camps (steam & nothing) is "to each their own."  I have a reason from most everything that I do yarn wise.  I've said it before and I'll say it again and again.  I wet block (by hand) most everything.  Some very specific acrylic goes in the wash.  Linen gets washed and then tumbled with with balls to work that linen into softness.  I even wet wash silk.  Getting a little preachy, so I'll get back to the point.  

 Look at what washed out in the cold water!  Can you imagine what would have happened had I not soaked the yarn and just wore it on a cloudy day when suddenly a downpour of Biblical proportions occurred and I was also wearing my favorite cream colored linen pants?

I'll tell you what would have happened.  A tragedy of Biblical proportions!  That's what would happen.

And that's why I wet wash most everything I put to hook and stick.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! That is a lot of red dye, Lenora! Good thing it rarely rains here.

    ReplyDelete