Monday, March 10, 2014

iBag

Pure practicality - that's my new iBag.  There are times when all I need is my phone, a key and a card.  Carrying a lady purse seems like too much for just a few minutes.  Toss in the travel schedule and I find that often all I need is a little bag that crosses over the body much like a large messenger bag.

Enter a rectangle, a few side stitches and a long cord.


 Voila! 

The specifics:
ShiBui Heichi in the Canal color. 
One skein left over from a long vest that was knit about four years ago. 
Crochet Hook size G

There is no pattern.  With this yarn/hook combination all I needed was fifteen stitches to make the width that fit my phone.  Work a rectangle in esc - extended single crochet.  When the rectangle was long enough, I just folded it into shape.  The first side was closed up with slip stitches which extended via a chain to make the long strap and then the other side was slip stitched.  A simple turn and slip stitch in every ss & chain makes the sides quite sturdy and strengthens the strap.

That's it.  A patternless bag of practicality that works up before the movie ends.

No comments:

Post a Comment