Saturday, April 18, 2009

It's Back!


The crochet jacket has a back. Well, the pieces are all done. Nothing is sewn until all the jacket pieces are ready. I am so impressed by the way that the Noro Silk Garden Sock stripes out on this pattern. Really impressed. Could it possible get any better?

Me thinks not. This back took almost a full skein of the stuff. That isn't too bad. At least I don't think so. Crochet definitely eats yarn. But the impact of this yarn married up to the pattern is going to be absolutely stunning.

And please know that I did not remove any of the colors in this Silk Garden . They are all there.


So, I worked a bit on some of the flowers and leaves. Here are a few just lying on the mesh part. Quick and fun, when enough are worked to almost totally cover the mesh, it might give too much weight. I am just not sure, but I have a feeling that I'll end up with fewer floral do dads than called for.

And, can you believe that at the same time I finished both fronts of a vest. More on that later - but if those fronts matched this back, I'd be done.

Clearly too many projects are in the works.

No comments:

Post a Comment