Thursday, April 2, 2009

Back to My Roots

Too much knitting. Clearly, my mind is tired of knitting. And given that lately, most efforts have been based on mindless stockinette, it is hard to figure out why the brain is tired. Tired of mindlessness perhaps? So I am back to my roots of crochet.

This is the first repeat of a newly published pattern. Check out the cover of Crochet! magazine.

The Fantasy in Color Jacket is designed by Margaret Hubert and won first prize in fashion in the first-ever Crochet Guild of America Design Contest. The designer recommends Noro Kureyon Sock yarn - but I am using the Silk Garden sock simply because of the color availability.

Five little rows and my mind is once again happy. Not tired at all. It is like the cells woke up and yelled, "hey, we remember this - let's do more!"

I really like the way the clusters line up. Are they butterflies? Flowers? Clover? Doesn't matter at all because they look great.

No comments:

Post a Comment