Friday, January 18, 2013

Remembering the Past

Not too many years ago, I took a class from Beth Brown-Reinsel in which I learned to cast on with two colors.  I'd almost forgotten about the technique even though I see my work weekly.  As it turns out, I personally do not have much use for wool wrist warmers.  Neck warmth is what I need most often.  But that is another story.

Back to the two color cast on and why I see it all the time, but forget that I know how to do it.

It turns out that the wrist warmer fits a favorite water bottle perfectly!  This is bottle, suitable adorned, is my constant companion at knit groups.

So why do I forget about the techniques displayed in the fab sample of color work?


When the need arose, it finally clicked in.  I will confess that I had to get out my class notes (valuable stuff) and do a refresher.  And that, dear reader, is how this hat came to be.

A little bit of green in the cast on and then blocks of green marching about the hat. 


Always remember, and don't ever forget, we know more than we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment