Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Christmas in July

While it is true that I can rant with great negativity about retail outlets already touting the season of the Turkey, I have no negative comments about yarn-a-holics busily working on seasonal gifts months ahead.  After all, loving hands need time to create.

This is my current quick crochet project.   It is a simple beverage bag made in a nice washable acrylic with a thread of sparkle twisted about the string.  Two are completed and I have the yarn for two more.  

These will either be used individually as gift bags during the holidays.  Or, and this is my inclination,  the set of four will be used as presentation covers for a wine tasting party.  So much more festive than a paper bag with a big number scribbled on it, don't you think?

1 comment:

  1. What a cute and fun little project! And, I agree...it bugs me to see all that Autumn and holiday stuff showing up in the stores and we're barely in the middle of Summer! But, crafting for Christmas is very much on my mind too...and, that's ok. :-)

    ReplyDelete