Friday, July 25, 2014

Sewing Air

Lace knitting is not really my thing.  Oh, you might see me add an edging or work eyelets and pretend.  Occasionally there are lots of yarn overs surrounding decreases/increases.  But "real" lace.  Nope.  Not me.

Until now. 

I offered to knit a little pullover sample for the store.  Annette & Bruce thought I was being nice.  I offered as a way to force myself to sit and get over the fear.  I fought the lace. . . .I WON!

Not only did I knit the wispy stuff (that thinks it is sport weight), I actually managed to seam it into a final product.  There is no FO photo because Annette put it on and commenced to twirling and modeling as only she can do and I was too mind numb to think about going click with a lens.

If you are interested, the pullover is this cute sassy thing.  Or, if you are in the L.A. area, drive on over to The Knitting Tree, LA and pick up the pattern and the yarn. 

Yep, there just might be future posts all about my adventures in lace.

I'm as shocked as you are.  This could become a sub-obsession.



1 comment:

  1. I was at the shop yesterday and saw your lace sample in person, Lenora. Nice Work! The pullover looks soooo light and gauzy. It's just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete