Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Good Morning Starshine


A pattern that can be easily adapted to multiple uses makes me happy.  Enter the star. 

 This star happens to be crochet.  There are many that are also knit.  So make yourself happy and think about the options available.

Make a little star from sturdy washable yarn and call it a drink coaster.  Or string a whole bunch of little ones together and decorate the front porch, the mantel or a holiday tree. And here I am thinking making a whole bunch in purple, green and metallic gold for the Mardi Gras Tree. 

Consider making a special place mat for celebrating a child's birthday.  Go up to 36" - 45" and you've made a baby blanket or table cloth.  Are you understanding my point?  Totally flexible based on the size and the fiber and the color.  This could even be a rug!  

The little star blanket that I made is part of my charity donations for July.  It is the size it is because the yarn ran out.  As in this specific ball of yarn simply ran out of yardage.

I did not run out of yarn.  I still have plenty and I've got my eye on that Mardi Gras decor!


There are lots of free links out there.  Here are a few.
Crochet Star:
Garland
Blanket - this is the pattern that I used

Knit Star:
Blanket
Dishcloth
Basic Star

Gliddy glup gloopy
Nibby nabby noopy la la la lo lo

Sabba sibby sabba
Nooby abba nabba le le lo lo

Tooby ooby walla nooby abba nabba
Early morning singing song

No comments:

Post a Comment