Friday, January 13, 2012

Swiftly Go The Hands That Knit

Lest you think that my recent absence from the blog sphere indicates an absence from the needles, work is moving swiftly on the new cotton raglan.

Not much to say about miles of stockinette now that no increases are being worked.  Y'all missed the fun part.

I am checking through my library for something of interest to add to the hem and/or sleeves.  The final weight of this piece (aran weight 100% mercerized cotton) has me concerned.  This one pullover, when completed, just might put my luggage overweight for air travel.  Rather than the expected ribbing, the hunt is on for a bit of open work that will add both length and visual interest while using less yarn and thereby saving that last ounce of weight when packing.

No comments:

Post a Comment