Thursday, April 15, 2010

Thank You Brown Sheep

Kudos and a huge shout out to Brown Sheep Company.  These generous folks donated Nature Spun yarn for the Riverside Knitting Guild Annual Afghan fundraiser.  Isn't that just the nicest thing? 

I am working on my square and so far it is looking like this -

Not much to look at right now.  However I have a vision that includes adding dimension to this texture. 

Last year, the guild members each knit squares for an Aran style afghan.   This year, owing the the five luscious colors of worsted donated by Brown Sheep, we are using a different theme.  Each volunteer knitter is to design a square that represents something from Riverside County.  Isn't that a grand plan? 

Working with a twelve inch square bordered with garter stitch, we are once again encouraged to be creative.   I chose to work with the pomegranate color because I like it.  My square will not be about pomegranates though.  I have something else in mind and it shall be a secret until it is completed and delivered for the putting together. 

There was only one false start - but by jove, I'm cruising now.  This is fun!

PS - did I say Thank You to Brown Sheep?  Really nice yarn - check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment