Tuesday, October 6, 2015

If Only The Weather Would Cooperate

She is named Day By Day because she will be my workhorse daily wear sweater that replaces my much beloved and over worn Mr. Green Jeans

Paulie is the basis for her and is available free at this link.  Day By Day is knit with Woolfolk Sno (perfection in a skein) and highlighted with a random sock yarn from the stash.  Check out the current Woolfolk offerings over at this shop.

Here is  Day By Day, knit up by moi.


 I know, I know.  Poor photo.  But it shows what one goes through to make sure that a top down is gonna fit the wearer.  I am currently between sizes as the pattern is written.  So I cast on for the smaller size using a needle one size larger than recommended.  To my warped thinking, too few stitches made too large should equal something in the middle.  I did have to add a bit of no increasing plain rows to make the arm hole fit the way I like.  But all in all it was successful.


The neck of Paulie is knit  when adding the button band.  Because the neck (that being the different color in this photo) is shaped using short rows and the old wrap & turn is - well - old, I used German Short rows which are, to my fingers, much quicker and simpler.

The i-cord bind off really finishes the sweater nicely.
 Here I am, proving that the neck, worked per the pattern, is really fantastic.  I love how it fits up a bit and blocks the blowing wind from giving me a chill.  Check out the pattern and you will notice that the collar is intended to fold back like a shawl collar.

I prefer it this way.  'Nuf said.

Because I did not work stripes, I added a bit of crochet chain to finish off the sleeves, which for me are full length. 

Because I wanted full length sleeves. 

Because one day it will actually be chilly enough to wear a wool sweater in Los Angeles.

If only the weather would cooperate. . . . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment