Thursday, June 18, 2015

Mama's Hook Is At It Again


For those who really really know me, my love of Madelinetosh Spectrum colorway is no big secret. 

Well, there were a few skeins of Tosh Light in the Spectrum handing around (insert chuckle here)  and it felt like the right time to start another a project with the stuff.

The pattern is Winter Wonder-lace Wrap by Jill Hanratty which is designed for a sport/dk yarn and a 9mm crochet hook.  It just so happens, that Mama's old and well used wooden hook is a 9mm. 

It was time to use her hook once again.  What can it possible matter that this is the Tosh Merino Light?  Experience tells me that a wrap will fit whether it is a little smaller - or larger.  Experience also tells me that a fingering weight worked exactly like a heavier yarn produces lacy looking lace.

And so, I merrily keep the hook twirling and twisting along with a favorite colorway and Mama's hook.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment