Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Recently Spotted


A recent trip allowed me to explore string in the world.  What do I mean?  Well, look at this.

There I was, casually wandering through a new city when I spied this window display.  Lots and lots of doilies hanging as background to edgy fashion for those much younger than moi.  The display is stunning.  As you can see, these are all shades of white and ecru.  Some of the thread work fit perfectly into the hoops and other pieces were suspended within the hoop.

Even though the clothing items in the store were not designed with an old Cajun in mind, I walked in to see what else could be found.

Check out these deer!  The antlers are wrapped in multi-colored yarn.  Nothing fancy - just plainly wrapped.  Isn't it fabulous?  One deer would hardly be noticed.  But cluster five together and the group has major impact.

These yarn/thread based displays show just how hip it is to do the fiber thing.   Perhaps this means that I am on trend - even if I am an old Cajun. 

Yeah me!

1 comment: