Friday, August 15, 2014

Delicately Warm

During the hot August of working on little projects, I decided to make my first ever fingerless mitts.  These will probably end of as a permanent part of my travel gear.  The older I get, the colder every airplane ride is.

These are crocheted with baby alpaca that I acquired in Peru.  Every few months, I'd look at the two little balls and ask, "What do you want to be?"  And yes, I did expect an answer.  Said response finally came this week in the form of these little mitts.

  Even without a blocking, I am enamoured.   The thumb gusset still needs a finishing round, which must be for effect only, as there is no real need to have another round.  

Someone should have told me how quickly a pair of fingerless mitts work up!  Especially in crochet.  These are the type of thing that could go from hook it to gift it in a matter of days!  You should give it a go.  This pattern is free and can be had at http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/easy-crochet-wristers.

No comments:

Post a Comment