Thursday, August 16, 2012

Selfish Me

Having lost my first Multnomah to a certain LYS sample rack, I've been determined to knit up one just for me.  The top to the closet contained a skein of Malabrigo sock that had languished far too long.  It is a perfect "me" blend of shades called Persia aka #852.

The new shawlette will have beads incorporated into the lace portion.  Ive wandered around Ravelry to see what others have done to add beads to Multnomah.  So now there is an actual plan.  The beads are left over and will snuggle gently into the lace and bind off without screaming for attention.   To be sure, there are times that beads are the star.  But this time, I am looking for oneness of knit where  neither pattern nor yarn nor bead stands out.  One integrated whole made up of team players.

Wish me luck.  The way life is going this week, I should be on the bead part, crochet hook in hand, about the time I get on the next airplane.


1 comment:

  1. As I read your post, I was thinking about how sad it was that your shawl was lost and I remembered how that happened to me too. I wonder what happens to those store samples?! The shop closed that I made mine for and I never got a call or anything. Hmmmm? Well, I hope someone, somewhere is enjoying it. Have fun with your new one. It sounds like a fun project.

    ReplyDelete