Monday, April 11, 2011

It's A Girly Thing

My latest traveling project is so quick to complete that it barely lasted for the two short flights of this past weekend.  Luckily, there was a twenty minute delay at the airport, which allowed for an extra bit of yarn work.

I love this very frilly and girly project.  The unwritten pattern has become my go to project when time needs to be filled with a no-brainer.  The edging is quite floral when bunched up like this.

You will note that this is crocheted with organic cotton.  I'm trying to be green - even though the project is very snow white!  

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I do fret that chemicals were used to process the cotton into this total lack of any shade or tint of the original cotton.  However, the label is clearly printed ORGANIC and that's what I choose to believe.


This unwritten pattern is a very girly girl wash cloth.  The base is actually single crochet and then I work chain loops to create a very open and flexible edging than culminates with a picot on the final round.  

The loopy edge does have a reason for existence.  As you'll note in the top photo, when bundled up the edging become a fantastic scrubby for exfoliating the aging skin cells.  The cotton does the job well without scratching the living daylights out of my aging and delicate skin cells!

(I have no idea why this photo is not a snow white wash cloth.  All three photos were adjusted exactly the same after being taken by the same camera, in the same location, in the same lighting glow and within mere minutes of each other.  But I digress.  Back to the real story)


The overall size of this washcloth is smaller than one might expect.  But that is OK for me.

*  my hands are small

*  cotton stretches when wet

*  the scrubby made by bunching the edging is just the right size

*  it packs well in a plastic bag and thus provides a bit of luxury when traveling

*  it is a fast crochet!

No comments:

Post a Comment