Sunday, February 7, 2010

Rae Research

Yarn is ordered for the Rae project.; Rae (as I have determined shall be the name when completed), if you read my last posting here, is a lovely dress designed of diagonal open work. Left leaning and right leaning work that creates a mighty chevron look down the front and back.

I had to send daughter off on a second photo expedition to snap side seams and shoulder seams on the mannequin wearing the spied creation.  Mostly, the figuring out of the pattern is all completed. Except for one major hurdle.;

The shoulder seams or lack there of.  What is this madness? Having not seen the actual garment and therefore forced to judge based upon this one photo, it appears that a simple ribbed hem, folded at the YO, k2tog line is required. This, I can produce. Easy enough.

But - and here is where additional research must come into play - how to get the front and back shoulder "hems" to become joined as seen in this photo.

This is not something that is in my repertoire. Books are being thoroughly thumbed through. Websites are wafting across the screen.   Friends are fleeing upon approach.    HELP!


  1. Good luck with your research! I can't wait to see how it turns out! :-)

  2. I'm flummoxed. Will continue to think about it.

  3. I think I've figured out a way but I don't think I can explain it in may have already thought of it. Next time I see you I'll draw it.