Tuesday, June 16, 2009

For All The World To See

The Autumn vest is hung up for all to see. Such a simple thing, but it means the world to me. I showed the completed vest to a friend and she asked to display it at her shop on the new display wall. I tried to play it low key; I appeared calm. But inside I was shaking with excitement.

I wanted my friend to see the completed project for two specific reasons. First, I purchased the pattern at her shop. Many stores here in soCal are partial to Colleen Davis designs. Second, one particular yarn that is in the vest and originally purchased at my friend's store did not sell well and ended up on the sale wall. More than a year later, a few balls are still sitting in a dark bin even thought the price cut is severe. I don't know why it isn't selling. Works up great, looks wonderful, and holds a stitch just fine.

And no, the name of the unsellable on sale yarn will not be disclosed. Can't have you jumping to any conclusions. Just know that a sale bin of yarn is filled with superb bargains!

Today, on a whim, I went back just to see if my vest was still on display. There it is, in all its autumnal glory, on display next to a the blue striped vest knit by Colleen Davis herself. Such an honor. I almost don't know how to feel - other than shaking even more from the thrill of it all.

No comments:

Post a Comment