Monday, October 20, 2008

Worth the Budget

Great enjoyment coming my way! Yes, the Love It kit is already working it's way into my heart. Using size 11 needles makes progress seem fast.

I've settled on making the throw for use here at home. One row is only 111 stitches. That's less than two rounds on a sock. Because of the gauge, it seems as though it moves faster than socks. It surely does. Already on row 23 and it looks amazing. See?


It is exactly what I expected.

The only problem is I get tired working with the large needles. Don't know why - I just do.

So, in order to rest my fingers, it seemed like a good idea to cast on something smaller to work on at the same time. Kinda hard to take an entire throw on the road to the Guild meeting tomorrow.

Bert became quite excited about his sudden freedom and the ability to influence a new project. Bert decided that the time is ripe to cast on for manly man socks for the DH. So much easier to bring to the meeting. Don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment