Monday, November 9, 2015

TaDa!


There comes that point when every artist needs alone time.  Can you say "retreat?"  I'm not talking about going to a retreat with other artsy types and joining forces to enjoy the chosen medium.  I'm talking about going away - A.L.O.N.E.

It might be hiding the the bathroom or a solo picnic or a long walk or whatever works for you, the individual.

Those socks kept staring at me.  Waiting on me.  Mocking me. 

Well, not any more!  I retreated all the way to the courtyard.  Streaming video, an umbrella for shade and the breeze keeping me cool so that I could knit.  And I knit. 

And the socks, now named Stanley, are done.  Nice squishy ribbed all the way like tube socks and friggin' wonderful. 

The specifics:
Indigodragonfly yarn.  Try it.  It is fabulous.

Colorway "It's all fun and games until someone. . . " special from Yarnover Truck.   They always have something exciting.

Pattern - what pattern.  There ain't no pattern.  Make a toe that fits you and then rib until you can't take it any more or your yarn ball, which for the most part was happy pulling from inside and outside so as to work 2@time, finally collapses on itself and flips over into a wad of knotted mess and the only way to save your sanity is to tease out enough yarn to bind off and call it a day.

Postscript.  It took less than two hours to untangle the remains of the yarn.  

Extra Postscript.  My blood pressure has returned to normal.

1 comment: