Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Toasty Warm


The local news today is filled with coverage of the late summer heat.  Thoughts of summer are swirling in my mind and hot weather is impacting my knitting.  A linen/silk blend is in time out because it was not playing nice.  While it learns a lesson,  100% silk hit the needles.

Summer of another kind is also impacting my work.  In the dead of winter here in the northern hemisphere, I'll be vacationing far south in the southern hemisphere - at the bottom of the earth where summer is not as hot as it is here in Los Angeles.

So I made this.  It is an ear warmer headband made from Madelinetosh Tosh Merino held double.  The pattern is great and it is available free.  Snow Trails Ear Warmers  is easily adjustable to fit any adult head and with thought on the size of the ear cover parts, it would work for older kids and teens.  You might also be interested to know that this is a quick knit.  It worked up in just one afternoon!

There is still one skein and a tad left from making this.  I'm thinking of either another hat or a fluffy cowl.  This yarn would look smashing worked with a herringbone stitch.

Yep, I will be toasty warm even when "summer" is freezing cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment