Monday, August 17, 2015

Success, Failure and Hope

What a weekend!  There was almost no down time.  What with a meeting, a program of really interesting small project ideas, shopping, cleaning, cooking and supporting our local Food Truck event, I am worn out.

There was success on the yarn front.  I made a bright green bulky weight snug fitting hat for me because this winter, the man & I have a huge  trip and such things are needed.

After the last big trip, we discovered that our travel washcloths (yes, I do bring hand knit or crochet washcloths when I travel) are getting a little worn.  That brown boring thing in the photo is the beginning of a new travel cloth.  This time I'm trying Hempathy.  It will be interesting to see how it holds up.

And then there is the project bag.  It is hiding an utter failure.  I'm so distraught over the wrongness that I refuse to show what went wrong.  It is one of those things where with each stitch I knew it was not working out.  It practically screamed, "This ain't gonna work."

Finally, when the thing was half put together, I was forced to accept the inevitable.  TIME OUT!  In that bag is a wad of knitted stuff and more yarn.  And I'm not looking at it. . . . until I find my nerve to do what needs doing and just fix the thing.  I know what to do.  I don't want to do it.

So I cast on for more warm head gear to distract myself.  But there is hope.  I've set myself a goal of opening the bag and taking a calming breath within the next forty-eight hours.

Prayers are welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment