Thursday, October 9, 2014

Crochet One For The Cause


 Check out this fun to make Awareness Ribbon Scarf from Naztazia.  There is video support to guide your hook, should you need it.

As we all know, October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  My mother battled the disease as have several members of my extended family.  And yes, I know one man who also was diagnosed and became a champion for the cause.

My scarf is based on the pattern above.  Rather than a whole scarf or shawl of ribbons, I only did three ribbon repeats for each end of the skinny scarf.  In order to get the ribbons to present in the correct orientation, a bit of magic is needed.  The pattern explains it all.

Basically, I made one end with three repeats.  Then I made another end of three repeats and started the open work.  When the scarf was almost long enough, the last row of open work was attached (via slip stitches) to the first end so that the ribbons hang in the right way.


I will be proudly wearing this scarf for the rest of the month.  And it is time to schedule my mammogram, which reminds me to remind you to schedule yours!

No comments:

Post a Comment