Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Artfully Simple


Check out this Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf by Tamara Kelley.  My daughter, she who crochets, makes these quite often.  She has them in a whole rainbow of colors and yarns.

It is hard to tell  in this photo, but the circle is crocheted with just chains and double crochet stitches.  That makes it very approachable for the novice and a no-look quick project for those of us with a year or two of experience.

I know I have decades of experience with a crochet hook, but please allow me a few days of bliss in the land of make believe.

 The scarf is long enough to double and wear it snuggled around the neck.  That's too hot here in Los Angeles, so I made a button loop that is useful for containing the long loops so that they don't flop around where I already flop around. 

And here is the great part.  I don't even have to tell you how I made the button loopy thing because it is right there in the free pattern!  Ain't it grand?

Yes, this is a worsted yarn (specifically Cascade Yarns Pacific which is machine washable), but I'm thinking it would be great in a DK weight which would require changing hook size and doing math to calculate a longer starting chain and diving again into the button stash and... . . . .

Sorry, got distracted due to The Illness*.  Check out the Artfully Simple Infinity Scarf.  It's a great and versatile pattern.


*The Illness is Start-itis. And I've got a bad case.

No comments:

Post a Comment