Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Slip Sliding Away


Voila!  The knitting is done. 

Alas the seaming still needs to be done.  And sewing seams is not my favorite part of yarn work. 

Luckily, the pattern (yes, sometimes I start with a real honest to goodness published pattern.  I might not stick to the pattern, but I start with it.)  specifies seams be crocheted together on the public side. 

This is the first time that I recall seaming seed stitch to stockinette. . .
on a diagonal. . .
where the side of the diagonal seed stitch needs to match up with the the bind off of stockinette.

All manner of panic set in.  Mostly related to the difference in row gauge of the seed stitches meeting up to the stitch gauge of the stockinette.

Panic be gone - - - it is slip sliding away.  The phrase easy peasy comes to mind. 

All these years of handwork and I still get giddy when something works out perfectly.  Yippie!

No comments:

Post a Comment