Thursday, July 18, 2013

Successful Test!

My opportunity to test a friend's short row crochet work has come to an end.  I'm a bit sad to see this one finished and blocked.  It was a joy to make and it provided the opportunity to learn a new little twist on the single crochet stitch.

This is my interpretation of How Deep Is The Ocean.  The stash did not include a skein of "ocean" shades, so I made do with this Lang wool that hints at sunset on the water.

Here is a close up of the short row work.  Crocheting the sections makes this pattern fun.   Since crochet is so quick to stitch (at least it is for me) the sections work up very fast.  Each short row section is a perfect stopping point.  And that makes this scarf pattern an easy travel project when interruptions are anticipated.

I love the way that stitching straight rows appears to make a curve.  I have mentioned this for knit projects in prior posts.  The illusion just makes me happy.

Congrats, Leo, on a great pattern!

No comments:

Post a Comment