Monday, July 22, 2013

Just Knittin'

It has been over a month since my joyous attempt at dyeing yarn.  At the time, I was thinking about combining my rainbow tints with black for another stained glass looking project.  A deep dive into the stash brought one (and only one) skein of blue to light.

Look!   I can knit stripes.   Nothing fancy at this point.  This started as just fifty stitches (sport weight) worked in garter.  I have even remembered to slip the edge stitches, which is a huge accomplishment for me.

Do I have a pattern?  No

Have I thought about what to do when the blue is all used up?  Yes

What is the plan? It is a bit loose and flexible at this point

I have begun to decrease on one side every now and then.  If the blue holds out, I have a plan to keep decreasing down to thirty or fewer stitches.   At that point, I'm thinking of knitting to some length that will wrap around my neck and add an edging to two sides.   The result will be a striped base shape with a knitted (or crocheted) edge of just the dyed yarn.

That's the flexible plan.  But for now - I'm just knittin'

No comments:

Post a Comment