Monday, May 13, 2013

Fuzzy Wuzzy Was A Yarn

Right up front, let it be known that I love the yarn.  It is on the needles and working up to look like a Mediterranean dream of Santorini.  The linen cotton blend is perfect for my climate - whether southern California or a sudden [fantasy] trip to Greece.

But, the stuff sheds.  Click the photo and have a look see at what passes for black pants.  As much as I love the final result of thousand of stitches worked in this specific yarn, I do not like the massive shedding.

I do not like it at all.

Luckily the finished object can get a nice wet bath and will be all the better for a soaking.  Join me in issuing forth a plea to the knitting goddess that the fuzziness is just a one time thing and will not be continual.  I fear that continual shedding of this many little short fibers will ultimately degrade the strength of the single ply twist and a thing of beauty will be lost for ever.

Alas, I shall never know the final outcome.  This project is for another and specifics shall remain untold.  But in the mean time, much knitting is taking place and endured as dreams of Mediterranean sun fill every stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment