Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thankful

At this time of year the calendar urges each one to pause and give thanks.  Of late, I have felt more burdened by a blue mood than lightened by rose colored glasses.  Consider what is on the needles:
  1. black alpaca scarf
  2. dark blue silk vest
  3. black & blue wool blend hat
The colors seemed to reflect the cloud hanging over me.  Dark and foreboding with no silver lining anywhere to be seen.  So, I went looking for reasons to cast aside the funk and get on with the Thanksgiving.

  • Funds are sufficient enough to purchase quality fiber.  I am thankful that the coffers are not dry.
  • My health allows me to participate in a friendly competition with a fellow knitter trying to discover who can complete a vest the fastest.  I am thankful for a pain free life.
  • My extended family brings bright moments to life and I know that the chosen hat recipient will be grateful.  I am thankful that close by or far away, family is family.
When looked at it all from a perspective of thanksgiving, my blue mood is very sunny! 


2 comments:

  1. I could tell, Lenora. You are loved and that is the most important thing in the world.
    Joan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am transported back Past the "Grand ole Opry" Thanks!! Happy Thanksgiving, Pat V

    ReplyDelete