Monday, May 11, 2015

Two Sleeves Short Of A Jacket


This here is a lot of knitting.  Using bulky yarn is supposed to make a project go faster - fewer stitches, fewer rows, blah, blah, blah.

Well, gentle reader, I am here to tell you that bulky yarn is not a quick knit when there is a lot of seed stitching to be accomplished.

As you can see, I am still two sleeves short of a jacket.

But summer is coming quickly here in soCal.  And it has arrived down in the desert where I spend a lot of time.  Guess how hot it is when your lap is filled with bulky alpaca?  Go ahead.  Guess? 

The flip side of this rant is how lovely that bulky seed stitch looks as a wide collar.  Loving it!

This is Misty Alpaca.  It knits like a dream.  It is warm enough for anything that southern California throws at me.

However.  Alpaca sheds.   A lot.  On black.   And it shows.  It shows up a lot on black.

But I don't care.  Not in the least little bit.  I have other colors to wear and I'll deal with it if I ever get those two sleeves knit.


No comments:

Post a Comment