Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Cloche To My Heart

In a former life I spent much time traveling back to the 1920s.  The fashions from that decade held a special spot in my heart because my first foray into the past was as a volunteer in textile conservation.  Women tossed away the whale bone, bound their God Given Blessing and kicked up their heels. 

My current knit project is bringing back many memories.  Maybe that what makes this hat so much fun.
This will become a cloche hat.  At this stage it does look rather odd.  It is easy to see the "hat" part there on the circular needles.  But what is that odd growth coming from the right side?

That, dear reader, will become the reason for the name of the pattern. 

Are you curious?  Stay tuned.  It does not take very long to knit a hat.

1 comment:

  1. I love things from the 20's! Including cloche hats. I just wish I had the guts to wear them. I love the colors on your hat.

    ReplyDelete